Some teachers say that you need to practice qigong for hours every day in order to get results.
I’m not one of those teachers. I advocate short, high-quality sessions. The fundamental 5-Phase routine that I teach is only 15 minutes long, but it’s powerful medicine.
I encourage my students to bookend their day by practicing once in the morning, and then again in the evening or at night. (Click here if you want to learn the 5-Phase Routine online.)
But what about all those hours in between sessions? Is there anything we can do to get more mileage out of our qigong?
This video will show you an easy but powerful form of Walking Qigong. Although I shot this video with my students in mind, you can still benefit even if you practice a different type of qigong.
By adding this simple trick to your day you will:
- Learn how to get your qi flowing all day long
- Discover a fun way to practice mindfulness
- Practice qigong while walking the dog
- Do qigong covertly without anyone knowing
- Deepen any qigong exercise that utilizes the One Finger Zen hand form (一指禪, yi zhi chan)
- Open the Five Gates (dantian, shoulder, elbow, wrist, fingers).
- Magnify the health benefits of walking
Check out the video here:
Watch the video to learn this technique, and then leave me a comment. How does it feel? Can you feel the qi? And how do you feel after practicing this technique for a few days? From the heart, Sifu Anthony